The summer transfer window was unlike any other; check out all the major offers and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. And just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue. Here are the latest gossip and speculation.
TOP STORY: Barca create shortlist to strengthen midfielder
After missing Georginio Wijnaldum, who chose to join Paris Saint-Germain this summer, Ronald Koeman still wants a new Barcelona midfielder, as reported sport.
The idea is to have someone intense in both boxes, offering an offensive threat and a fighting spirit, which can complement Pedri and Frenkie de Jong in the middle. The need for someone of this ilk was only compounded by Ilaix Moriba’s departure for RB Leipzig in the summer window, and it is suggested that the Blaugrana have four midfield targets.
The first is Tanguy Ndombele, who failed to hold onto a spot at Tottenham Hotspur and offered himself to Barca over the summer. Then there is the Internazionale Marcelo Brozovic, whose contract ends in 2022, while AC Milan Franck Kessie is also an option whose contract expires at the same time and has not yet been the subject of an extension agreement.
If the final player does not necessarily fit the profile of a more physical midfielder, Barcelona are also interested in Donny van de Beek, who has struggled since joining Manchester United, having managed just 141 minutes in all competitions so far this season.
– Juventus will look to replace AS Monaco midfielder AurÃ©lien Tchouameni in January, the objective being to find new housing for Aaron ramsey and Weston McKennie in order to facilitate the move, the reports Calciomercato The old lady has long been linked with the France international, and seeing him in the UEFA Nations League against Belgium hasn’t dampened their interest. While McKennie has been linked with Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United, Juve could try to include him as part of a swap deal for the 21-year-old.
– AS Roma consider signing Borussia MÃ¶nchengladbach midfielder Denis zakaria during the January transfer window, according to Calciomercato. Jose Mourinho reportedly feels he is missing a powerful midfielder after missing Arsenal’s Granit Xhaka over the summer with his fellow Swiss international seen as the perfect alternative.
– Bayern Munich winger Serge Gnabry is expected to sign a contract extension with the Bundesliga champions soon, according to Fabrice Romano, who says the Germany international has a verbal agreement in the final stages and that it will only be a matter of time before the documents are completed.
– Two key men for Lazio, striker Ciro Immobile and Francesco acerbi, have signed new contracts with the club, according to Calciomercato. Immobile has reportedly signed to stay until 2026, while Acerbi’s deal runs until 2025, which will keep them with the club until they are 36 and 37, respectively.
– Manchester United could remember Facundo Pellistri of his loan deal with Alaves due to a lack of playing time, as reported by Goal. The 19-year-old has only made one La Liga start and has yet to reach 200 minutes this quarter, which has caused frustration with other clubs including Club Brugge who have shown their interest on the Uruguayan’s loan this summer. If he returns, the Red Devils could either loan him out again or keep the youngster at Old Trafford.